Wednesday, March 29, 2023

Final Blog

My Relationship with Technology and Making the right balance.

When I think about how I interact with technology, I see how important it become in my life. I engage with a bunch of devices from when I get up until I go to bed. While I'm grateful for the many advantages that technology has given me, I'm also realizing some of its drawbacks and the need to keep a balance.


The first thing that crosses my mind is whether or not I have a healthy relationship with technology. I think it's a bit bit of both. On the one hand, technology has made my life easier by enabling me to easily obtain information and talk with friends. On the other hand, I once in a while catch myself wasting far too much time online, especially on social media sites. This often causes me to procrastinate and get work done less efficiently. This leads me to think there is a lot of room for improvement in the amount of time I spend on technology. Even tho some of the time is being used for work. I once in a while notice when I'm mindlessly scrolling. We all need to be more careful about how we spend our time and keep technology from taking up all of our lives.


A lot depends on how we approach the issue of whether technology is educating us and making us smarter or deceiving. Even tho we have access to a huge database of knowledge, the internet also has its fair share of biases and false information. In order to use technology to its fullest, I think we need to be careful about the sources we use and double-check the information.


Sometimes I worry about how technology affects how I live my life. But I think recognizing these problems is the first step in dealing with them. We can make sure that technology continues to be helpful and productive by assessing our connection with it and working to make a balance.


Technology both has good and bad effects on the lives of my friends and family. On the plus side, it made communication more convenient and simple. Through a bunch of apps, we can talk to each other, exchange stories, and plan events. On top of this, technology has been a great tool for learning and entertainment, enabling us to access a wealth of data, games, and streaming services. On the negative side, I've seen that technology can occasionally limit the number of face-to-face interactions we have. During family and friend outings, people can lose themselves in their devices over actually talking to one another. This results in a feeling of isolation and stops the creation of new relationships. 


My relationships are hugely impacted by our technology in both good and bad ways. It helps me to keep in touch with family who is far away and to meet new people using communication methods like Xbox party chat. Finding a balance between online connections and face-to-face communication is important. I try to make an effort to balance in-person relationships and put my phone down when I'm with friends.


Analyzing our digital footprint is vital to understanding how we interact with technology. My name comes up in a simple Google search with a few social media profiles. I think my online presence is generally a good representation of who I am. But because what we share online can have long-lasting effects, It's important to think before we post.


When looking at my online presence, There are a few things that could be better. I should have more caution when posting and responding to comments on social media. It's necessary to consider how companies, universities, and even my girlfriend view social media presence.


After researching and looking into this, I took a few steps myself to improve how I come across online. First I took a look into my social media accounts by checking privacy settings and making sure that only those I know and trust can look at my posts. I also removed a few images that could be interpreted in a bad way. Second, II made sure my identity online is more credible online by updating my LinkedIn profile to reflect myself a little better. Also to showcase my work in game design, I made a personal website through Wix that people can use to view my work. Third, I'm now more careful about how I connect online by taking a second to reflect before I post or do anything else that could be viewed as bad. It's important to be conscious of the repercussions the internet can have on all of us. Finally, once in a while, I Google myself to see what information is available to the general public to keep track of my digital footprint. Then I'm able to take the steps needed to clean up my digital presence if it's needed.

To sum everything up,  I have a complicated connection with technology. It has both good and bad sides. While technology has definitely made my life easier and more connected, it also made problems like too much screen time and less face to face reactions. To keep a healthy relationship with technology, we need to make the right balance by being more mindful of how we use it and take steps to ensure that it remains a positive factor in our life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Final Blog

My Relationship with Technology and Making the right balance. When I think about how I interact with technology, I see how important it beco...